It is true that without regular maintenance an air conditioner loses about almost 5% of its original efficiency per year?
This is the reason why proper maintenance is very important for your air conditioning and especially in Phoenix, Arizona.
We are pretty sure you don't want to drive with a temperature higher than 100 without a perfect A/C system!
Which are the basic components of an air conditioning unit? Let's find out:
- The compressor is responsible for compressing the refrigerant gas, commonly known as Freon. When the gas is compressed it becomes very hot and is then sent through a condenser.
- The condenser is a series of coils that outside air passes over to remove the heat from the compressed gas. This will cause the gas to cool and condense into a cold liquid.
- The receiver-drier is a canister that contains desiccant inside to absorb moisture.
Orifice Tube/Expansion Valve:
- The orifice tube has a conical shaped fixed orifice that provides restriction in the flow of refrigerant.
- As the low-pressure liquid refrigerant mist flows through the evaporator, a blower motor pushes air across the cold tubes of the evaporator to deliver cooled air into the passenger compartment of the automobile.
- The refrigerant gas used in most vehicles is commonly known as Freon or R134A.
Get In Touch
Jake’s Auto Repair Inc. is a family owned and operated automotive repair business that is dedicated to perform an excellent and a high quality automotive service. Our technicians and specialists are very well trained and certified to complete a high class service for our customers.
Phone number: (623) 878-5801